NFIRS - NFIRS Codes - NFIRS Examples
Coding incidents in NFIRS 5.0 starts with determining the “incident type”:
- Selecting the appropriate “group” (be it Fire or Rescue or other, lowest group when multiple)
- Identifiy the best fit type within that group
- Fall back to “other” only when neccessary.
NFIRS 5.0 Incident Coding
Here are some example codings.
NFIRS Incident Typing Guidance:
NFIRSGram: Why getting the incident type right matters
Incident Typing Rules:
- RULE 1: Incident Type defines what was found at the incident scene upon arrival of the fire department.
- RULE 2: Use the lowest code series for determining the Incident Type when more than one Incident Type is found.
NFIRS 5.0 Property Use Coding
Selecting any NFIRS code for any NFIRS element
There is a general approach on how to select any NFIRS code wether it be incident type or property use or any other type of NFIRS code.
Need more help?
If you are looking for more incident types:
For more information see the NFIRS / eNFIRS training and contact Responserack if you would like more help with NFIRS or eNFIRS.