NFIRS Modules - NFIRS Transactions - NFIRS Elements - NFIRS/eNFIRS Training
Coding incidents in NFIRS 5.0 starts with determining the “incident type”:
- Selecting the appropriate “group” (be it Fire or Rescue or other, lowest group when multiple)
- Identifiy the best fit type within that group
- Fall back to “other” only when neccessary.
NFIRS 5.0 Incident Coding
Here are some example codings.
NFIRS Incident Typing Guidance:
NFIRSGram: Why getting the incident type right matters
Incident Typing Rules:
- RULE 1: Incident Type defines what was found at the incident scene upon arrival of the fire department.
- RULE 2: Use the lowest code series for determining the Incident Type when more than one Incident Type is found.
Need more help?
If you are looking for more incident types:
For more information see the NFIRS / eNFIRS training and contact Responserack if you would like more help with NFIRS or eNFIRS.