Overview: Responserack helps volunteer fire departments with NFIRS and more.
NFIRS Codes Cheat Sheet - NFIRS Coding - NFIRS Examples - FDIDs - POCs
NFIRS 5.0 Element: ‘Factor Contributing To Injury’
Need something else? Here is the complete list of all NFIRS modules and subsequent NFIRS transactions, plus a list of all NFIRS elements.
Here are the NFIRS codes for the ‘Factor Contributing To Injury’ element, including any “other” values in case none of the preselected choices match:
Common Examples of Factor Contributing To Injury
More commonly used values for Factor Contributing To Injury…
|Factor Contributing To Injury
|Egress Problem Group
|Trapped Above Fire
Groups within ‘Factor Contributing To Injury’
All values for Factor Contributing To Injury
Egress Problem Group
- 11 - Crowd Situation, Limited Exits
- 12 - Mechanical Obstacles To Exit
- 13 - Locked Exit or Other Problem With Exit
- 14 - Problem With Quick Release Burglar or Security Bar
- 15 - Burglar or Security Bar, Intrusion Barrier
- 16 - Window Type or Size Impeded Egress
- 10 - Egress Problem - Other
Fire Pattern Group
- 21 - Exits Blocked By Flame
- 22 - Exits Blocked By Smoke
- 23 - Vision Blocked or Impaired By Smoke
- 24 - Trapped Above Fire
- 25 - Trapped Below Fire
- 20 - Fire Pattern - Other
- 31 - Unfamiliar With Exits
- 32 - Excessive Travel Distance To Nearest Clear Exit
- 33 - Chose Inappropriate Exit Route
- 34 - Re-entered Building
- 35 - Clothing Caught Fire While Escaping
- 30 - Escape - Other
- 41 - Roof Collapse
- 42 - Wall Collapse
- 43 - Floor Collapse
- 40 - Collapse - Other
- 51 - Trapped In/by Vehicle
- 52 - Vehicle Collision, Rollover
- 50 - Vehicle-related - Other
- 61 - Unvented Heating Equipment
- 62 - Improper Use Of Heating Equipment
- 63 - Improper Use Of Cooking Equipment
- 60 - Equipment-related Factors - Other
Other Special Factors Group
- 91 - Clothing Burned, Not While Escaping
- 92 - Overexertion
- 00 - Factor Contributing To Injury - Other
- NN - None
- UU - Undetermined (Conversion Only)
Transactions containing ‘Factor Contributing To Injury’
A few NFIRS elements are reused accross a number of transactions, but typically the value is captured by one transaction only.
||Coded Field - The coded field relating to an entry in the code table. Most coded fields allow for Plus+ One codes. For these fields the expected length of the coded entry is depicted as (National length OR Plus+ One length). Only fields with this notation in the expected length column allow for Plus+ One definitions. If the user has not provided information, an empty field should be transmitted.
Was this helpful? Please share...
Need more NFIRS help?
Need more help with NFIRS, or not yet found what you are looking for? Please see if these help …
For more information see the NFIRS Cheat Sheet, NFIRS Coding and contact Responserack to learn about our fire department software.