Electric Vehicle Extrication Checklist
This information was provided by Next Level Extrication.
This information was provided by: Next Level Extrication at the 2021 Arvada Fire Department Auto-X Class. For more information contact Next Level Extrication, see below.
STEPS TO TAKE WHEN APPROACHING AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE:
- Approach at a 45 degree angle
- Identify the type of vehicle i.e. badging, lack of exhaust, drive shaft or under carriage
- Identify if the vehicle is stable or unstable:
- Place chocks or struts
- Identify if vehicle is in park
- Turn off the vehicle if accessible
- Remove the keys (outside the vehicle)
- Attempt to pop the hood (electric latch)
- Turn hazard lights on
- While completing your 360º attempt to open all the doors (electric latches).
- Shut down 12V and high voltage system
Provided by: Next Level Extrication, contact Next Level Extrication